Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Help!
Old
bloink64

Default Help! - 03-14-2008, 09:23 PM

I somehoow zoomed out too much and lost my scene completely! All I see is blue. Can You Tell me how to get back to my scene?

Old
DrJim

Default 03-15-2008, 10:18 AM

This illustrates why, when you get a good camera position, you should drop a dummy object to mark the spot.

Right clicking on the camera and then using the methods "move to the entire world" and "orient to the entire world" should get you close enough to recover your bearings. You will be at ground level, so you might also want to move up a couple of meters - and maybe then point the camera at another object.

Old
bloink64

Default 03-15-2008, 10:39 AM

I think that I just made the ground really small. And I still can't find anything.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 03-15-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloink64 View Post
I somehoow zoomed out too much and lost my scene completely! All I see is blue. Can You Tell me how to get back to my scene?
I'm afraid that I can't help you to find your lost world in this case, but I can give you some advice to help you avoid the problem in the future. Go to Google and search for the following keywords:

alice "setting the stage"

Read everything that the search turns up that seems to have anything to do with Alice programming. Be particularly cognizant of procedures for setting the viewpoints of all objects to the world and then interactively calling methods on the objects to position and orient them properly.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

Old
DrJim

Default 03-18-2008, 12:13 PM

The world data really may have been deleted by accident - that can happen. However, before you totally give up, make sure that for everything "is showing" is true - an amazingly easy error to make.