Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-18-2009, 03:33 AM

In no particular order:

I made the laser to be kind of like the weapon you save up for at the end of the game, you know, the one you only get to use on the last part. Also, I know that the zombies sometimes don't come back, but I'm really not sure why that is. There have been a few times when I've been testing the game and something bad happens, only to have it never happen again after repeating the event several times. I do have an idea to counteract that glitch, though, so I'll see if I can work around it.

The delay for the zombies is intentional. I was trying to make it so that the zombies COULDN'T respawn all at once, so I had each zombie wait a different amount of time after being shot before respawning.

I knew about the waiting and seeing the zombies glitch, but I left it in cause I though it was funny. It looks almost like the zombies are going after the penguin to kick it some more, or like the zombies are making a victory march across the field.

As far as lag goes, that has never been a problem for either of my two computers. Both of them have tried the world and ran nearly every scenario I could think of with fine results (except for a slight speed increase in one of them when a zombie is shot). I could try looking back at my code to see if it could be streamlined, but nearly every processor-power saving trick I've tried for this world has caused world-stopping exceptions.

In any case, I'm listening to you guys, so thanks for playing and for the input!

Tags
1 of my favs - from arty, 3.6, amazingly brilliant, angry penguin, awesome, bacon, coffee, eggs, epic win, food, game, games, magic beans, model, models, out dated, penguin, resident, shooter, theuperduper youtube, this is awesome isn't it, weapon, weapons, x2495jjjj