Alice can only play .wav and .mp3 file formats. You may have or find audio files that are of a different file format type and need to convert them in order to use them in your project. Audacity is free audio software that you can use to open and save out audio files into the required file formats.
– Go to file open to find the audio file you want to convert.
– Once opened, go to file, export audio.
– Use drop down menu to select save as type; two of the options are the WAV 32-bit float PCM and MP3.
– Select one and press save.
* If you want to save as an MP3, you will need to download LAME. There are instructions on the audacity website on how to download and install it.